Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Wynterian Rules of Engagement
(12-24-201306:29 AM)Darkstar1592 Wrote: [align=center][b]As follows are the Wynterian Rules of Engagement[/b]

[b]During a war, these rules must be followed at all times[/b]

[i]Rules of Engagement are rules or directives to military forces (including individuals) that define the circumstances, conditions, degree, and manner in which force, or actions which might be construed as provocative, may be applied. They provide authorization for and/or limits on, among other things, the use of force and the employment of certain specific capabilities. Rules of Engagement are lawful commands. Rules of Engagement do not normally dictate how a result is to be achieved but will indicate what measures may be unacceptable.[/i]

1. During a battle, each participant is given one life, no /back. Thats how it works in the real world, thats how it works here.

2. Breaking down walls to enter a city is illegal and counts as griefing, so does towering over or tunneling under.

3. Positive identification (PID) is required prior to engagement. PID is a reasonable certainty that the proposed target is a legitimate military target. If no PID, contact your next higher commander for decision.

4. Do not engage anyone who has surrendered or is out of battle.

5. Treat all civilians and their property with respect and dignity. Do not seize civilian property, including vehicles.

6. CENTCOM General Order No. 1A remains in effect. Looting and the taking of war trophies are prohibited.

7. Neutral cities will not become part of your kingdom when taken over, they didn't want war and attacking civilians is highly distasteful in the first place.

7a. Neutral cities include Shorelore (Broddring) and Rivervale (Broddring).

8. Ruins of other towns, such as the Assassins Guild Forts, are to remain untouched; you may not use them as outposts. Ex, Arsallen. They are part of Wynter's history and are not yours.

[/align]
Well then these rules might have just been broken...
When my Brother (FancyHippoMan) got on the server he found the whole roof of his house torn off and his enchantment table, bed, and jukebox all gone. When FancyHippoMan asked what had happened to his house Tehtobuscusfan4 replied. Tehtobuscusfan4 said Darka bombed Astropia and it destroyed your house probably.

I'm not saying Darka intentionally greifed the house, all I'm saying is that the rules of battle might have been broken because in section 5. is clearly states,
5.Treat all civilians and their property with respect and dignity. Do not seize civilian property, including vehicles.

FancyHippoMan had no intention of participating in this "attack" in fact he wasn't even online when this attack happened.
I may be wrong or, I may be right but if you would please reply back ASAP then hopefully the problem will be resolved soon.
-Kepplardo

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Wynterian Rules of Engagement - by Seth "Kepplardo" Keppler - 01-09-201410:59 AM